Kia Ora from Kiwi Land!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Backpackers Big Feed


On Christmas Eve my cousin Emma's church put on a "Big Feed" for the backpackers around Auckland. It was only the day after I arrived back, but I was keen to help out and especially to welcome any Japanese backpackers who came along. I made friends with a Danish girl called Kristine who had just completed a three month course with YWAM (Youth With A Mission). We spent most of the evening sharing with a Japanese girl from Ise. The three of us were truly blessed to all be in the Bay of Islands the next week, where we were able to catch up again. Kristine was touring with a group of five others from YWAM reaching out to the backpackers they met as they toured around. I helped Kris and her team put on another "Big Feed" for the backpackers at a local church up north. I hope to meet up with Kris and our Japanese friend at the Parachute Festival - the largest Christian music festival in the Southern Hemisphere - at the end of January :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home