Kia Ora from Kiwi Land!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

AIC Graduation


Yesterday Dad and I attended the Auckland International College (AIC) graduation. AIC is a new international school in Auckland founded by a large Japanese educational institution. AIC set themselves an incredible task... to become the top school in NZ within 3 years! Well, yesterday the Prime Minister of NZ, the Minister of Immigration, and the Ambassadors of Japan and Korea joined us in congratulating the students for their excelling results and consequent invitations to prestigious international universities such as Cambridge University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. I also want to congratulate AIC for setting such high goals!!!

The graduation was very inspiring for me as I consider contining my theological studies next year. The head of the School of Global Mission at BCNZ had only just been encouraging me the day before to take new challenges and always use my gifts and skills to their full potential. I'm currently considering changing my one year Diploma for Graduates to a bridging diploma so that I can do a Post Graduate Diploma, the equivalent of the first year of a masters. I'll keep you posted on how things unfold!

The AIC graduation was held at the Auckland Baptist Tabernacle, the church I've been getting involved with over the past few months. It was wonderful to be able to introduce Dad to the Senior Pastor and show him around the historical building, built in 1884, which has blessed so many locally and globally over the past one and a half centuries :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home