Shangdi ai ni. Wo ai ni
Hi everyone,
I hope you're all having a wonderful week. I can't believe how fast it's flown!
I've been in the wars with stomach cramps + alpha, but a doctor at the Bless China International (BCI) rehab centre has given me some antibiotics and I feel soooooo much better! Unfortunately I didn't make it to the leprosy village on Wednesday. Instead I stayed back to sleep and have an extended 'quiet time' - actually a real blessing :)
We've been having group devotions with the team from Whangerai and I had the privilege of sharing yesterday morn. It's been great helping get the troops around town - off and on buses, bargaining, and general orientation. Quite exciting to be using more Chinese, often with pen and paper! I really would adore to help lead a similar group overseas sometime :)
I had a funny cultural experience yesterday - I had my toes painted red with butterflies on them!!! I joined one of the girls doing language study here who goes regularly to practice her Chinese and develop friendships with the staff :)
Then last night we went along to the Three Self Church worship service again. Wow, it was even better than last week as my ears and eyes were that much more tuned in to understand the lyrics. A highlight of the week was definitely sharing communion with hundreds of Chinese brothers and sisters!
I've grown very fond of my hosts. They've been so warm, sharing their work here, and enabling me to join them in different ministries :) Tonight they're throwing a pizza party for my farewell and inviting along the team of workers here in Kunming.
I fly back to KL tomorrow to board the Doulos for five nights. I'm pretty excited about joining their various outreaches, especially the evangelism team. I'm hoping to learn a few of the Doulos skits used to share the good news to those who don't speak English.
I'm not sure whether I'll have access to blogspot again before I get back to NZ, but please keep a look out for any other updates and my photos when I get home!
"Shangdi ai ni. Wo ai ni" = God loves you and so do I xxx
I hope you're all having a wonderful week. I can't believe how fast it's flown!
I've been in the wars with stomach cramps + alpha, but a doctor at the Bless China International (BCI) rehab centre has given me some antibiotics and I feel soooooo much better! Unfortunately I didn't make it to the leprosy village on Wednesday. Instead I stayed back to sleep and have an extended 'quiet time' - actually a real blessing :)
We've been having group devotions with the team from Whangerai and I had the privilege of sharing yesterday morn. It's been great helping get the troops around town - off and on buses, bargaining, and general orientation. Quite exciting to be using more Chinese, often with pen and paper! I really would adore to help lead a similar group overseas sometime :)
I had a funny cultural experience yesterday - I had my toes painted red with butterflies on them!!! I joined one of the girls doing language study here who goes regularly to practice her Chinese and develop friendships with the staff :)
Then last night we went along to the Three Self Church worship service again. Wow, it was even better than last week as my ears and eyes were that much more tuned in to understand the lyrics. A highlight of the week was definitely sharing communion with hundreds of Chinese brothers and sisters!
I've grown very fond of my hosts. They've been so warm, sharing their work here, and enabling me to join them in different ministries :) Tonight they're throwing a pizza party for my farewell and inviting along the team of workers here in Kunming.
I fly back to KL tomorrow to board the Doulos for five nights. I'm pretty excited about joining their various outreaches, especially the evangelism team. I'm hoping to learn a few of the Doulos skits used to share the good news to those who don't speak English.
I'm not sure whether I'll have access to blogspot again before I get back to NZ, but please keep a look out for any other updates and my photos when I get home!
"Shangdi ai ni. Wo ai ni" = God loves you and so do I xxx

2 Comments:
Hi Carly,
Hope you have recovered completely by the time you read this. Sounds like you had a great time in China. Hope you also enjoy in Malasia with your friends. Look forward to sharing your exciting experience in Asia in 3 week time.
By
Anonymous, at 1:50 am
Hi Minapiyo,
I'm HOME(!!!) in Auckland safe and sound, and it's great to be back. I'm feeling back to normal minus a few kgs :)
The whole family is looking forward to your return as well! Mum, Dad and Patrick are busy painting and putting in a new deck downstairs :)
Have a wonderful couple of weeks.
Love so much Carly T
By
Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 3:28 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home