Semester Break Adventure
I picked up my visa from the Chinese Consulate today so it's all go! I leave Monday week for an adventure with eternal purpose over my semester break. I'm getting very excited!!! Only 3 more exams and 10 more sleeps! My schedule will be...
Mon 26 June: Auckland - Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
2 nights in KL
Wed 28 June: Kuala Lumpur - Kunming (China)
10 nights serving alongside a Kiwi couple in Yunan Province
Sat 8 July: Kunming - Kuala Lumpur
5 nights on board the Doulos (www.doulos.org) at Port Klang
"Doulos visits port cities throughout the world, supplying vital literature resources, encouraging inter-cultural understanding, training young people for more effective life and service, promoting greater global awareness, providing practical aid and sharing a message of hope in God wherever there is opportunity."
Thurs 13 July: Depart Kuala Lumpur
Fri 14 July: Arrive Auckland
Thank you all for your ongoing prayer/support as I prepare to go :)
Mon 26 June: Auckland - Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
2 nights in KL
Wed 28 June: Kuala Lumpur - Kunming (China)
10 nights serving alongside a Kiwi couple in Yunan Province
Sat 8 July: Kunming - Kuala Lumpur
5 nights on board the Doulos (www.doulos.org) at Port Klang
"Doulos visits port cities throughout the world, supplying vital literature resources, encouraging inter-cultural understanding, training young people for more effective life and service, promoting greater global awareness, providing practical aid and sharing a message of hope in God wherever there is opportunity."
Thurs 13 July: Depart Kuala Lumpur
Fri 14 July: Arrive Auckland
Thank you all for your ongoing prayer/support as I prepare to go :)

4 Comments:
Hi Carly,
Only 9 days to go! Hope you will have a safe trip with fantastic interaction with local people and your friends.
My Japan stay has been over the half already... Time flies. But I'm very much looking forward to going back to NZ:)
Talk to you later...
By
Anonymous, at 8:36 pm
Hi MM,
Wow, time really does fly doesn't it! I've got the busiest week ahead so it'll probably flash by as well!
I hope your studies are going well. Can't wait to catch up on these past few weeks.
Love CT
By
Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 5:13 pm
Hi, Carly!
I'm so excited for you! I hope you'll have internet access where you're going. If not, I hope you keep a journal so you'll be able to jot down all the details of your trip to share with us later! I will be praying for your safety and that God will use you mightily.
Things to eat in Malaysia: Satay (beef or chicken kebabs with peanut sauce), Char Kway Teow (like Thai phad thai), nasi lemak (trad. malay dish). You shouldn't try 'hawker' (roadside vendor) food until the end of your stay in case you get a stomachache. The same goes for Indian food. And always buy chilled bottled or canned drinks and pass on the ice unless you dine at 5-star hotels! *wink*
Have fun! Say hello to our Doulos friend for me!
Angela
By
Anonymous, at 5:12 am
Thanks Ang,
I've noted down your recommendations :) I'm going to try and do a few blog episodes along the way, but you're right - I should try and keep a journal too. Hope you're well and your decision making is falling into place.
Love Carly T
By
Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 11:50 am
Post a Comment
<< Home