Kia Ora from Kiwi Land!

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Mangawhai / Te Arai Point


Yesterday I went for a drive with my cousie Emma to cheer on Paddy and Nic as they build their new home! They're making good progress, and hope to move up north to Mangawhai (about 1.5 hours north of Auckland) in August. The construction reminded me of when many of us helped build Ikoma Friendly Hall!

On the way home Em and I stopped at Te Arai Point for a walk along the beach. Wow, it was stunning! Paddy and Nic are going to adore living up there!!! So, after a mini break and wind down after thee wedding, it's back into the grind with exams starting at the end of next week :)

2 Comments:

  • Hi, Carly!

    Te Arai Point is incredibly lovely! I just love the coast. Any coast! I can't believe the beach there; is it made entirely out of seashells?? It's so nice to see Emma again, if only in photos. Please say hi to her for me. How is she doing these days?

    I noticed there's another 'Ange' commenting on here, so I'll sign myself Angela L. ;-)

    Angela

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:41 pm  

  • Hi Angela L

    Yes, one of the wee beaches beside Te Arai Point is completely covered in shells! The other stresses for miles with fine sand :)

    You'll just have to come and visit!!!

    Love Carly T

    By Blogger Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home