Kia Ora from Kiwi Land!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Adventuring with Inica



Inica has just been to visit me from Geelong, Australia, for her 30th birthday :) We had heaps of fun and plenty of D&M's between our adventures. Inica and I did an exchange together when we were 14 years old. I spent nearly 4 months with her family in Aussie, and then she spent the next 4 months with mine back in Auckland. We've been very close ever since and have caught up every few years back and forth across the Tasman Sea. We started off the week black water rafting in Waitomo, and then Zorbing in Rotorua. Wow, both were total adrenalin rushes!!! Then we spent a couple of nights with my cousins at a beautiful and isolated spot off Lake Rotoma before heading back up via the Te Aroha Mineral Pools to have dinner with my bro and sis in Auckland. Then Mum and I took Inica and Granny up to Tapeka Point for another few leisurely days. We stopped at Parry Kauri Tree Park for a short loop walk on the way up... another wee attraction I'd been longing to inspect after promoting it with TNZ :) On Inica's last night Neroli, a friend of mine from Osaka Gaidai, and some other friends from St Pauls took her for her first Japanese meal in the city - which she loved! A big THANK YOU to Ben, Inica's husband, for sponsoring our wonderful birthday week together!

5 Comments:

  • Pity I missed your Dad, but he did record a message on Seiji's keitai which I heard. THANKS.
    Looks like you had a great time with Inica. I've seen the Zorbing on TV before. You're certainly making the best of the NZ summer getting outdoors and enjoying cappucinos etc. Enjoy it, before you have to start school and you don't have so much time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:49 pm  

  • Great summary of the week Carly! You seem to have covered it all so well. Makes me wonder what I filled all the pages in my journal with!!! It was so wonderful to have the 9 days with you. Thank you for all of it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 pm  

  • Hi Wendy, I'm sure Dad would've loved to have seen you too, but wasn't it awesome that he could even catch up with the others!!! I was so thrilled :) I've just driven through the night from the Bay of Islands so that I can head down to the Parachute Festival tomorrow morn. The windy roads reminded me of our mission to Shikoku together! Missing you! Love Carly T

    By Blogger Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 2:36 am  

  • Hi Carly, just worked out how toleave a comment. Isn't technology fun when it works. Ihope it works.)
    It was great that you both had such a lovely time together. Don't I have a lovely son-in-law?
    Would love to catch up with you next time you are over here. I am looking forward to hearing about this amazing spiritual journey you have been on. Love Tilly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 am  

  • Hi Tilly, thanks for having a look at my blog! Yes, Inica and I had a marvellous time together thanks to your son-in-law :) I'd adore to visit you all in Victoria again sometime to share how God has pierced and filled my heart with His Love and see how much bigger and increasingly beautiful your granddaughters are becoming! Have a wonderful 2006 xxx Carly xxx

    By Blogger Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 10:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home