Compelled by Christ's Love

What an incredible ten days in Yunnan, China!!! After spending nearly ten years in Japan I was not expecting much culture shock. However the streets, personalities, concept of time, service, dust, and lack of idols did take me by surprise. It was particularly foreign to me to have to be so careful when speaking about my faith due to restrictions on religious activity in China.
To recap... travelling to a town on the Myanmar border where I was exposed to an overwhelming amount of prostitution, and cycling through Dai minority group villages certainly increased my burden to see Chinese people come to know the love of Christ. And the highlight of my stay was undoubtedly sharing communion with hundreds of Chinese brothers and sisters at an open worship service at the Three-Self Church.
While I was away God confirmed that my present studies at BCNZ are training for further cross-cultural outreach as Christ's love compels me to see the good news reach all nations (2 Cor 5:14).

2 Comments:
カーリー、お帰り!体調不良もありながらでも、大きな意味のある旅になったみたいでよかったです。もう体調はよくなった?写真もいっぱい載せてくれてありがとう!神様が将来、カーリーをどのように用いられるのか楽しみです。またゆっくりしゃべろうね、絶対に!
By
Anonymous, at 12:25 pm
Hi Kayo, it's so good to hear from you!!! How are you special sis?
I'm feeling quite busy as I try and settle into the new semester... amongst the bus-i-ness it's so good to be challenged about my faith and to develop a firmer foundation :)
Have a great arvo! Love Carly T
By
Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 2:05 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home