Chinese Lantern Festival

Last night I popped down to Albert Park to join the Chinese New Year celebrations with my cousie Claire, and Minako, my buddy from TNZ Auckland. There were thousands of people milling around enjoying the decorative lanterns, trying all sorts of Chinese taste sensations, and watching dragon dances and the very impressive fireworks display that brought the event to a close. It was wonderful to see Auckland out to celebrate its cultural diversity :)

3 Comments:
Owing a car! Coooo~~~~~l! Yesterday I saw a TV program about maori living in NZ. I will go back to Kyoto from this Sunday and perhaps will stay for about 2 weeks. With most of friends having left Kyoto for work, I don`t know whom I should visit! It maybe a little boring...^.^
Did you enjoy the Valentine`s day?(^^) Missing the time we talked together and shared our ideas! And wish I could know more about Bible... ;)
By
Anonymous, at 1:39 am
Hi, Carly!
These pictures are wonderful! I'm glad that you look happy with your friends. And this festival looks interesting! Now I've been interested in the chinese culture since I went there last week.
And I enjoyed talking with you through SKYPE the other day. Let's have a talk soon, shall we? :-)
By
Anonymous, at 4:33 pm
Dear Panda and Mitchy, my dear friends from uni in Kyoto! Thanks so much for having another look at my updated blog :)
Are you in Kyoto already Panda? Please have a wander and a sing-song for me by the Kamo River. I went out to have Indian for dinner with my parents on Valentines Day :) What about you? Did you do anything special? I've made two new friends at Bible College who have come to study from Hong Kong - a kiwi girl and her British hubbie. They hope to go back to share God's Love with more people there after they have graduated. I was able to talk about all sorts of local topics with them because of my wonderful few days with you last year! Keep reading the Bible Panda, and I or Esther will be very happy to answer any of your questions :)
The lanterns at the Chinese Lantern Festival were amazing Mitchy! Do you remember Albert Park by the university in the city? It was packed with thousands of Kiwis enjoying Auckland's cultural diversity! Yes, let's talk through SKYPE again soon!!! That was amazing being able to chat with you face-to-face for free!
Have a great week both of you :) Love Carly xxx
By
Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 11:04 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home