Parachute 06

The Parachute Festival was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! It completely exceeded my expectations :) Nearly 25,000 people visited/camped out at Mystery Creek over the four day weekend - the largest Christian Music Festival out of the States. It was incredible to listen to such inspiring speakers with important messages such as "How to Avoid Temptation", "Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n Roll", "How to be a Leader", to take communion in small groups amongst the thousands, and to worship with such passionate selfless bands as The Parachute Band, the Planetshakers and Delirious. Neroli and I spent most of the day cruising between bands, seminars and the stalls set up by various missionary organizations. We bumped into a few Japanese friends, one of whom just became a Christian and will be baptized this coming Sunday down by the waterfront in Auckland :) Parachute was SO inspiring and I really couldn't believe that I was there!

2 Comments:
Hi Carly!
Nice blog! It's the first time for me to check it out. Mark just sent me the address!
We sure miss you here in Kyotanabe and hope you can come back soon--even just to visit! Our home Bible study isn't quite the same without you.
It was at something like Parachute that the Lord led me to decide to serve Him full-time! I hope that all the missions represented there gave you some ideas and helped you find some direction.
Love--Kari
By
Anonymous, at 4:10 pm
Dear Kari,
I'm so excited to hear from you! It was only 20 minutes ago that I was hunting to find your contact details!!!
Did you get the lyrics that I left you in your KIU drawer? How have you been?!!! It sounds as though you had a wonderful time with Cindy :)
I spent ages talking with OMF staff at Parachute, and have since filled out application forms to do a short term mission to East Asia over my winter break. I'm still very keen to return to Japan long term if it is God's will. In the meantime I'm loving having quality time with my family.
I'm missing our Tuesday night Bible studies too! Please send my love to Tomoko
xxx Love heaps Carly xxx
By
Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 4:16 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home