Hideo's Baptism


It was my priviledge to attend Hideo's baptism at Judges Bay on Sunday after meeting him the week before at the Parachute Festival! I went along to the Baptist Tabernacle to hear him give his moving testimony about how he became a Christian while in NZ on a working-holiday visa. It brings me joy to know that just as I became a Christian in Japan, Japanese people are coming to the same saving knowledge of God in NZ! I joined the 'Global' discussions after the message, prepared weekly for those for whom English is their second language to reenforce the themes spoken about. We talked about whether we have made Jesus the captain of our 'ship' letting Him set the sails or not, and about how when we do we're able to sail through any storms that come our way protected :) After a picnic lunch Hideo was gloriously baptised publicly. When he had returned to the shore I joined the group of nearly 30 Japanese Christians in a song of worship before elders of the church and those who had discipled him prayed for him. Another group from 'Global' danced in worship :) Please pray that Hideo's faith will be continually increased as he returns to Japan this week, and also that God will make it clear which church and which ministries He would like me to become involved in.

4 Comments:
Isn't it exciting Naomi!
By
Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 11:13 am
Carly, it`s really a desirable thing to touch and feel the nature in such a close ditance! I wish I could move to NZ in my 50s...^.^ Even the baptism is held in river instead of bathtub(which is my imagination..)(^^)
I went to Esther(my officemate)`s church last Sunday, although it was terribly late..I found the atmosphere there was little diffrent from that in Tanabe :)I was asked to introduce my name.
Is it very hot now?
How is your friend on mission trip? :)
By
Anonymous, at 12:01 am
Ni hao ma Panda,
Lovely to hear from you!!! I've been thinking about you a lot recently as Auckland is decorated with red laterns for Chinese New Year, and I've been going to an international Gospel service on Friday nights where the message is interpreted into Chinese and many people worship God in Chinese!
Wonderful to hear you went along to church with Esther (in Mong Kok?!). Please send her my love :)
Carly xxx
By
Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 9:06 am
Dear Panda,
Sorry I forgot to let you know that the mission ship 'Doulos' is now in UAE. Please have a look at http://www.doulos.org/ for their latest exciting news :)
By
Carly and Wayne Mulqueen, at 9:09 am
Post a Comment
<< Home